Saturday 24 January 2015





Hello everyone. How are you? University started this week - so far not that much to do - but when I look at my courses' outlines I get a tiny panic attack. There's a big chance you won't hear from me in April, but so far I've been really good and I'm currently preparing some future posts. 

This post shows an outfit I wore when I went out for dinner with my best friend, yesterday. Sadly, I hadn't taken my camera with me, but if I had, I would have included a photo of the gigantic Caesar Salad I ordered. These photos were taken before I got to do my makeup and hair - I would have lost this perfect lighting otherwise.

This outfit was a bit of an experiment. I had spent quite some time trying to figure it out. I knew I wanted to wear my brand new M&S skirt - I got it for €19.50 instead of €39.50 on the sale. It's a size 8, but it feels a bit larger than my liking. What is going on? If you've watched my recent haul, you know that I bought sizes 6 and 8 - I'm usually a 10. Either I've lost weight, or something has happened with the M&S sizing. Anyway, back to the outfit. I also knew that I wanted to pair purple and yellow - hence the purple tights, but this purple jumper I had in mind, didn't really work. After half an hour of trying on different shirts, I somehow came across this monochrome, sleeveless, polka dot top I bought in the summer sales - I have a haul and it will be uploaded soon. Since it's still rather cold I had to wear a black, plain top underneath. I think it turned out alright. A bit of a daring choice to combine polka dots, yellow and purple. But that's what my fashion style is, colourful, with patterns and elegance - at least that's what I hope for.

The stunning lemon yellow coat is from Marks & Spencer, as well as the lime/mustard yellow skirt. The polka dot top is also from M&S, my heeled ankle boots are from Quiz and my black handbag was actually a gift from the friend I went out with, from Stradivarius.

What do you think of this outfit? My friend told me that I looked sophisticated - like a psychologist - but younger than my age with the new haircut. I'm not sure I can consider that a compliment!



9 comments:

  1. love the coat and the purple tights are awesome!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have such bright fun outfits! Love it - particularly your yellow coat - it's so gorgeous (sadly I don't look very good in yellow, but I always love it on other people!) :)

    I just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for a Liebster Award which is basically a little question and answer post to spread the love among bloggers and a great way to find new blogs! If you're interested in doing it all the info is in my most recent post :)

    Lauren xx
    laurenloveslaughter.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness this outfit is so darling, love the bright colours! I've nominated you for the Liebster award - please check out my blog post on it for the details. ps i adore your blog oh my goodness x

    acupofjessicatedcoconut

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice outfit, the first pic is beautiful!
    sunmoonstyle.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your style, and your photography is great!

    http://itslolll.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your skirt!! xx

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk - Don't forget to enter my giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit is so cute! Your pictures have such great quality xx

    tonixox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love reading your post and pictures, keep going. you may like to check my blog as well and feel free to leave me your suggestions

    http://ashonfashionary.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Make my day with your comment and leave your blog links :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All content copyright © 2013 BeautyInsideArt, unless otherwise noted. Powered by Blogger.

The Blogger

Follow

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Your Number: